Jacksonville, FL - Children

What sort of personal growth do you feel like this trip has promoted?

Jake: As I progress and assume more leadership roles at Mizzou, I feel like it is important to learn to empathize with others I am interacting with. The experiences I have had and the things I have witnessed on this trip, that I never have before, have allowed me to learn more about other communities. In learning about these communities, I feel I can more appropriately empathize with people of more diverse backgrounds and grow in my leadership.

Lokesh: This has validated my career choice in choosing to serve others, and specifically children from underprivileged backgrounds. I hope to work with the UN one day.

Katlyn: I feel that this trip has opened my eyes to my own personal word choice and how to more affectively be aware of how my words can affect those around me. This growth in communication and establishing better communication skills will enable me to better myself as I continue to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment