Fort Campbell, KY - Arts and Military (Post 2)

Today was safari day! All of our kids were acting like animals today….it's punny.

Hi again! Today was tons of fun!  The kids were able to make safari drums and shakers that they loved!  We actually got to play outside today and there were so many games of tag going on at once, the kids just went with it.  Until tomorrow! Thalia

I see you!! Maddie here again! Today I got to spend my day helping the kids make binoculars to see all of the animals on the Safari! Luckily no children were harmed in the viewing of these wild animals!!

Angela: Today was safari day! The kids loved making animal noises and "searching" for animals with their binoculars. Outside play was fun but cold, kids love tag! J

Randy: I got to play with Peyton during recess and we pretended that we had these power rings that made us invisible. He's a really smart guy and a lot of fun to be around.

Levi: One of the most popular activities today was the face painting. When it was time for my group to get their faces painted, Jayse was desperate to get his face painted like a lion. He was so thrilled about it that I got mine painted just like his. We took a selfie together which is my favorite picture by far this week.

The coyotes have been very hospitable hosts and shared their food in exchange for fire. I've already started to grow close to the pack, and I'm not sure if I want to leave. Should I even continue my search to reintegrate with modern society? Everything was going so well today, and I realized that I don't even remember the last time I've been this happy. Then tragedy struck. Mordecai returned from his daily hunt with a wound at the neck. He had fallen into a trap left by hunters and doesn't appear to be regaining his strength. I've been searching for antidotes with the rest of the pack, but time is running out. Keep Mordecai in your prayers. God knows he's in mine.  #wherespalmer

Nick: Today I got to see all of the kids really start working as a team and sharing with each other. It was awesome to see how much of an impact we have had on them in such a short period of time

DoggerDude2 (hit me up on AIM) in the hiz-ouse. Palmer was doing face painting today. I went up to take my turn but apparently 5 year-old Rylee was a bigger priority than me. I was a big boy and decided to be patient and wait for Rylee. When she was done, Palmer packed up all his paint supplies and if I remember correctly he stuck his tongue out at me. I never got a Mike Tyson's face tattoo today…

Megs again.. So today was a milestone of the week for me because I like super bonded with one of the little girls in my group. All week she's been opening up a little more each day and today she absolutely made my day. The first activity we did was face painting and Lilly just wanted nothing to do with it. Then, I told her I was going to get one and she immediately shouted, "Okay I want one!" Made my day.

Jessie, one part of the fearless leader crew: Kids love face paint, and I love face paint, so today was a great day. All of our preschoolers turned into wild animals and totally embraced their new personalities. Also, our token preschool hipster, Lily, and I really bonded at recess. We got blown away from the windstorm and traveled safely across the ocean.  It was great seeing her open up to other kids on the playground.

Hey pals! It's Megan. All the kids LOVED getting their face painted today. I have enjoyed getting to see all the kids come out of their shells (haha, Madelyn) this week. During recess, I got to see all the kids not only bonding with me, but making new friends with each other. Also, Palmer is having a super fun time, but with the kiddos, NOT coyotes. #wherespalmer #whosmordecai


No comments:

Post a Comment