Hiawassee, GA - Environment (Post 2)

Dear Grandma Greer,

It's Monday. Last night, Sianna got some food poisoning that caused her to empty her stomach into the toilet. Weird, since she grew up on an organic farm and we are eating organic food.  Other than that, the cabin we are staying in has been spot on. Nicole, Evan, and Rachel made some bomb-butt scrambled eggs this morning. Talk about fresh veggies (so fresh, so clean)!  Which leads us to our busy day…

Kari needed allergy medicine, so Maiya and I went out with her to get it. We made a pit stop at Lake Chatuge, which was quite the site to see.  The water level was lower than normal, and THAT was sad to see.  You could see the red clay! Water problems being visible on this trip really makes us think about our actions.


(I sneezed on the lake, and the lake got deeper.)



(Kari looking off into the distance, thinking about her actions.)


When we returned, we set off to the farm. Weeding and tending to the farm beds makes our hands get dirty.  Don't you worry though, Grandma! I remember back in the days of digging holes in your back yard. You would remind me to try to avoid getting dirt under my finger nails.  I had the classic looking gardening gloves on that the typical mini farmer would have.



(Staring off into the mountains.)

While Rachel and Evan made some great salad for lunch, the rest of us cleaned the cabin and set the table.  The lunch brought great discussions over the trip so far, and how we've done so much. We can barely believe we have only been here at Enota for two days.

After lunch, we went back to work. During our break time, we played with some very cute baby bunnies.  They were brown, black, orange and white.  The white bunny reminded me of Bunnicula, the book about the white vampire bunny that you got me for Christmas when I was a wee little child.




Emmett's excitement cannot be contained.)




(Alex, Sianna, and Joe.)​

We finished the day down at the farm and set off to see a 400 ft. water fall.  There was no trail which I loved since I have always been one for adventures.  We had quite the little photo shoot.


(Julia, Rachel, and Emmett)



(Alex and MABuddies hiking.)




A group of us set off to explore to the very top.  I am glad I was a part of that group because I got to see land that seems to be untouched by man. I tried to avoid bending the branches or leaving my mark.  Man has already left a huge footprint on this world, and I would like to try to leave the untouched parts from being that way.

As I sit here waiting with my friends to receive my gluten-free pizza (Rachel can't eat it) without a tomato base that Joe and Julia are preparing for me and my friends, I thought we would write our blog to my number one fan.

Love you Grandma,

Adam and MABuddies

P.S. Wish you could be in the mountain too!

P.P.S. I love the vortex rock! I'll explain later.



(Peace, Love, and Service.)


No comments:

Post a Comment